- American People: muslim countries are so awful to women they need to treat them better
- American People: Women ask to get raped
- American People: Girls need to cover themselves they're a distraction to boys
- American People: Women shouldn't be able to get abortions
- American People: Why should women get birth control they shouldn't have sex anyway
- American People: We have such great equality God bless
The hijab is not the most important part of being a Muslim woman, but it is certainly the most visible. In a time when Islamophobia only seems to be on the rise in the West, a practice that is so personal and diverse has become a warped and misunderstood part of a flat and monolithic picture of Muslim women.